The Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is UNL's Chief Academic Officer and is UNL's responsible authority in the absence of the Chancellor. The Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor is charged with helping UNL achieve excellence across all areas of the academic enterprise through oversight of undergraduate teaching and learning; graduate mentoring; faculty development, promotion and tenure; resource allocation; strategic planning; and the development of innovative academic initiatives that will be recognized as unique signature strengths.
The Senior Vice Chancellor's office is responsible for the administration, coordination, and development of general policies and functions applicable to all academic programs.
Colleges and Units that report to Academic Affairs include:
- Academic Services and Enrollment Management
- Career Services
- International Engagement and Education Abroad
- Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management
- Nebraska Educational Television
- Online and Distance Education
- Public Policy Center
- Undergraduate Education Programs